Need to edit web pages?

ITS offers different options for editing web pages. One is called a Campus Content Manager (CCM) which relies heavily on you doing the work within our Cascade system (houses all of our web pages) as well as learning other practices for the web. The other option is called a Web Advisor. Essentially, you would be controlling what goes on your pages while the Web Team would be doing the updating work within Cascade.

If you believe your area needs a CCM or Web Advisor, please consult with your Supervisor or Department head and contact with your request. To learn more about the 2 web editing options, read about the responsibilities below.

  • Learn how to fully use Cascade (training provided).
  • Be familiar with accessibility for the web and meet these requirements when adding content.
  • Understand best practices for the web, creating content, and using Cascade.
  • Know how to apply basic search engine optimization to web pages.
  • Reviewing monthly reports for broken links and misspellings and correcting these errors in Cascade.
  • Largely responsible for planning and editing web pages.
  • Main web contact for ITS and a member of the CCM mailing list.
  • Occasionally required to attend a training or other informational meeting regarding the website.

For step-by-step instructions about working on the website, check out our blog about Cascade.

  • Provides web content and materials to the Web Team via
  • Main web contact for your area.
  • Occasionally work with the Web Team to help plan web pages.

Faculty and Student Websites

ITS offers web space to faculty for professional endeavors and to students for registered student organizations. The Web Team has a special design for these types of websites which look different from the current Washburn website and are updated/ maintained by ITS. Please read the requirements and eligibility for student and faculty websites below.

Any requests for web space and questions can be sent to

Current Washburn faculty and staff may request web space on Washburn's servers which will be set up and updated by ITS.  Content should reflect the faculty or staff member's position or professional endeavors with the University.

Additional Information to Consider

  • Faculty websites should not be used to deliver sensitive information.
  • Websites on the web server are available for anyone to visit. If you would like to limit access to this information to the members of a specific course(s), it's best to use our online course management system. Assistance with this system can be obtained by contacting or Online Education at 1-866-888-1272.

Questions may be sent to

Web space can be requested for any student organization registered with the Office of Student Involvement and Development by submitting the request to  The advisor of the organization is responsible for submitting this request.

There are two options for creating a student organization website: 

  1. ITS provides the web space and updates the web pages for the organization.
  2. Student organization creates a web page on their own (not hosted on the Washburn server).

Please send any web space requests and questions to


Email the Technology Support Center
Email ITS Support

Call us for technical assistance

Visit the Help Desk
Located in Bennett, Room 104

back to top button